SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI and WEST JORDAN, UTAH (December 21, 2020) – In an effort to better serve its loyal customers, Sportsman’s Warehouse has entered into a definitive agreement to join the Great American Outdoors Group, parent company of NSGA members Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s, White River Marine Group and a collection of nature-based resorts. The Great American Outdoors Group will remain a private company with a long-term view to do what is best for its customers, team members and conservation initiatives. As part of the agreement, Sportsman’s Warehouse will be acquired for $18 per share in cash.
The driving force behind the partnership is the two companies’ similar histories and highly complementary business philosophies and geographic footprints. Both entities share a passion with their customers for fishing, camping, hunting, boating and other outdoor activities. Likewise, both are highly acclaimed retailers with well-deserved reputations for a broad offering of outstanding brand name and proprietary products, superior customer service, deeply knowledgeable team members and an unwavering passion for conservation. Uniting together represents an unprecedented “win-win” opportunity for outdoor enthusiasts.
“We are excited to be joining the Great American Outdoors Group. This merger brings together the greatest brands in the outdoor industry. As we look to the future, the combined entities provide our passionate associates with greater opportunities to serve the outdoor enthusiast. I couldn’t be more proud of the nearly 8,000 Sportsman’s Warehouse associates and their success in building our brand over the last 33 years. We look forward to a smooth transition and building our partnership,” said Sportsman’s Warehouse CEO Jon Barker.
“Today is a happy day for our companies, outdoor enthusiasts and for the cause of conservation,” said Bass Pro Shops Founder and Great American Outdoors Group Leader, Johnny Morris, who was inducted into the Sporting Goods Industry Hall of Fame in 1998. “As outdoor sports specialists with unwavering dedication to people who fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors, we greatly admire the passionate team at Sportsman’s Warehouse for their commitment to their customers and the sports we all love. By combining our best practices, our aim is to give our customers a best-of-the-best experience while further uniting them to support conservation.”
Sportsman’s Warehouse customers can expect all of what they love and more
Widely expanded product offerings including:
- Access to the world’s largest selection of premium fishing tackle including legendary Bass Pro Shops and other premier brands
- The largest selection of premium hunting gear including the iconic Cabela’s brand
- Sportsman’s Warehouse will be able to offer customers the world’s leading boat brands, side-by-sides and ATVs at money-saving prices. The company’s great family of brands, Tracker, Nitro, Ranger, Ascend Kayaks and other products, are all built right here in the USA by American craftsmen and sold directly to customers through our stores and a select group of dealers, effectively giving customers the opportunity to buy factory-direct at money-saving prices.
Low prices – guaranteed.
- Sportsman’s Warehouse customers will enjoy The Great American Outdoors Group “Low Price Guarantee” which offers the lowest everyday price on its full assortment, and will match or beat any qualified competing offers in store or online.
Greater convenience and expanded online services and selection
- Receiving the best products faster by leveraging the combined company’s extensive network of distribution centers and stores to get the best products the fastest way possible in stores or online.
- Maintaining a strong commitment to a regional and seasonal focus. Customers will continue to enjoy localized merchandise and efforts like area weather conditions, hunting and fishing reports, photo braggin’ boards and the opportunity to get “hands-on” with products alongside the guidance of local experts.
Uniting together to better serve customers and the outdoors
The companies have collectively demonstrated unmatched commitment to customer service and satisfaction. Bass Pro Shops recently ranked as the No. 3 most reputable retailer in America by Reputation.com. Both companies are keenly focused on conservation initiatives and recognized for their commitment to serving their communities responsibly, ranking at the top of outdoor retailers on firearm safety and compliance.