WINSTON SALEM, NORTH CAROLINA (March 16, 2022) – Champion Athleticwear, makers of authentic athletic apparel since 1919, sees women – in high school, college or beyond – as a cause for celebration, not a cause. The brand that created the world’s first sports bra is changing the game, revealing Saweetie as the brand’s first-ever Global Culture Consultant. Champion is also unveiling a new swag(her)-filled campaign titled “Get it Girl” that spotlights stylish solutions that female athletes can feel comfortable in, both on and off the field.
Research reveals that a quarter of women don’t feel comfortable in their own skin. Champion and Saweetie are teaming up to change that. They are giving women the stage they deserve by spotlighting the “Champion Circle,” a group of 12 diverse, female collegiate athletes and giving them the “Get it Girl” confidence to play by their own rules and look good doing it. Each member of the “Champion Circle” featured in the new campaign was outfitted in gear that highlights their unique flair, swagger and skill, while showcasing the latest Champion collections, including Soft Touch Sports Bras & Leggings. Champion also used a female-led production team, spearheaded by renowned Director, Hannah Lux Davis, and famed photographer, Leeor Wild.
“We’re proud to name Saweetie as our first-ever Global Culture Consultant to help empower women to be their own Champion,” said John Shumate, Vice President of Global Marketing, Champion. “Saweetie is an inspiration for self-expression and with her ‘Get It Girl’ anthem, we want to unite all women with Champion athleticwear solutions designed for every body, every shape and every workout.”
Champion works daily to empower women and raise the bar for comfort and style, giving women the confidence to play by their own rules. Champion’s collection of trusted sports bras and leggings are created with a deep understanding of women’s bodies in motion. This translates to innovative products that allow athletes to do more.
“My relationship with Champion runs deep, as an athlete and lover of streetwear,” said Saweetie. “It’s been a go-to brand since high school! This campaign and partnership hit me on a personal level and I couldn’t be prouder to help all my sporty-icy girls out there feel empowered with self-love and confidence. When you feel good wearing Champion, the sky’s the limit.”
The “Champion Circle”
The athletes that make up the inaugural “Champion Circle” represent colleges and universities from across the country and play a variety of sports ranging from basketball to cheer to track and field.
- Maya Brady: Junior – University of California, LA, Softball
- Alissa Pili: Junior – University of Southern California, Basketball
- Helena Sampaio: Freshman – University of Southern California, Soccer
- Logan Eggleston: Senior – University of Texas, Volleyball
- Nyla Jones: Senior – North Carolina A&T, Cheerleading
- Natalie Chou: Graduate – University of California, LA, Basketball
- Morgan Lewis: Senior – Ohio State University, Track & Field
- Ziyah Holman: Sophomore – University of Michigan, Track & Field
- Sophia Hartwell: Sophomore – University of California, LA, Track & Field
- Norah Flatley: Senior – University of California, LA, Gymnastics
- Destiny Martin: Sophomore – Winston Salem State University, Cheerleading
- Anna McClure: Freshman – Ohio State, Volleyball
Each member of the “Champion Circle” featured in the “Get It Girl” campaign will receive a two-year Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) investment as official brand ambassadors. Champion is also offering these young athletes access to mentors, helping develop their professional career interests within the areas of sports, entertainment, media and marketing.
To learn more about the SwagHER featured in the campaign, please visit www.champion.com.