DOWNERS GROVE, ILLINOIS (October 23, 2020) – The Hockey Dealers Association (HDA) formed an advisory committee of hockey dealers from across the United States to discuss concerns and ideas within the industry and to help set the tone for other hockey dealers. This would create opportunities for HDA and the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) to advocate on behalf of the committee and the industry.
The HDA Advisory Committee will help HDA learn what the members and the hockey industry like in relation to products and what they need from HDA and NSGA to help make their experience better and grow their businesses. The group discusses current issues happening in the hockey industry, such as the effects of COVID-19 on their businesses, new product launches and rule updates.
The HDA Advisory Committee consists of seven experienced members in the hockey industry. The members in the committee own stand-alone retail locations, pro shops in ice rinks or both. The HDA Advisory Committee has conducted two meetings since it was formed in September and will continue to meet monthly to keep up with the uncertain environment retailers currently face.
The members of the HDA Advisory Committee:
- Jackie Koman (KoSports, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania)
- TC Lewis (Aerodrome Ice Skating Complex, Houston, Texas)
- Traver McLeod (Hockeywolf, Missoula, Montana)
- Paul Stanton (Sports Etc., Arlington, Massachusetts)
- Sandy Steindler (Ultimate Skate & Hockey, Anaheim, California)
- Larry VanOstrand (Instant Replay Sports, Ithaca, New York)
- Allen Van Valkenburg (Rinkside Sports, Tampa, Florida)