DENVER, COLORADO (January 31, 2019) – The National Ski & Snowboard Retailers Association (NSSRA), at its annual meeting at the Outdoor Retailer Snow Show, elected three Officers and four new members to serve on the board of directors.
Teddy Schiavoni (Summit Ski & Snowboard, Framingham, Massachusetts) and Lori Underwood (PeterGlenn of Vermont, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida) were re-elected NSSRA Chairman and Vice Chair, respectively. Tracy Gibbons (Sturtevant’s, Bellevue, Washington) was newly elected as Secretary-Treasurer. The NSSRA officers serve two-year terms.
The board elected the following retailers to serve three-year terms:
• Jon Morrill, Kittery Trading Post, Kittery, Maine
• Jenna Pate, Summit Sports/Skis.com, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
• Robb Shepherd, Shepherd & Schaller, Wausau, Wisconsin
• Roger Sobotka, Paoli Pro Shop, Evansville, Indiana
The new directors join these Board members whose terms continue:
• Tom Fuerst, Pedigree Ski Shop, White Plains, New York
• Tom Gately, Snowsports Merchandising Corp., Springfield, Massachusetts
• Gordon Geiger, Geiger’s Ski & Sport Haus, Chagrin Falls, Ohio
• Dave Nacke, Sports Specialists, Ltd., Golden, Colorado
At the Association’s annual Member Meeting, the Board also recognized President Larry Weindruch, who is retiring March 1.
The National Ski & Snowboard Retailers Association is a volunteer-led organization dedicated to growing snow sports participation and to support and educate specialty snow sports retailers. Since its founding in 1989, NSSRA has served as the voice of specialty retailers, representing their interests in issues that concern the specialty snow sports retail channel. NSSRA publishes a number of research reports for specialty snow sports retailers, including the annual Sports Participation in Snow Sports report; the triennial Compensation and Benefits Report; and the annual Combined Indemnified Bindings List.